Welcome to the Ministry of Education
Presentation Launch Page
|Faye Brownlie, November 18, 2004
|Literacy in the Middle Years - Part 2
|INTRODUCTION: This 2nd in a series of two interactive webcasts on literacy in the middle
years is intended to support your professional growth over time and has been
archived for viewing and re-viewing.
- PDF files are linked for downloading and printing to support Faye Brownlie's research, strategies and assessment tools.
- Live audiences were participants in the real time webcast at 14
sites across British Columbia involving 30 school districts.
- The best way to use this archived webcast is with a partner, or a group of colleagues from your school or district.
- To get maximum benefit from the webcast, please take the time to respond to the prompts that are given with each section.
|TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: This webcast is designed for a minimum screen resolution of 800x600 pixels. If your present resolution is smaller than that, you may need to increase your screen resolution before watching this webcast.
|In addition, your computer will need to meet the following system requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows™(95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP), Mac® OS X or later
- Processor: Pentium® 166 or greater, PowerPC™ (200 MHz or faster)
- Video: 256-colour video card (minimum)
- Sound: sound card, speakers (minimum)
- Internet: 28.8kbps, 56.6kbps modem (low frame rate video or audio-only streams); hi-speed modems (motion video)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer™ 4.0 or Netscape® 4.5, or higher, Java-enabled browser.
- Test your system to see if you have what you need: Click here for system test
|WRITTEN MATERIALS: Before beginning the webcast, please download the following material to be used by participants during the webcast:
- Biography -- Faye Brownlie (PDF)
- Powerpoint used in webcast (PPT)
- Resource Package (PDF)
- Note: To open a PDF you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If it is not already present on your computer, you may download it from here.
|FEEDBACK: We would be very glad to hear your comments or questions about the use of this archive. Please contact the professional growth webcasting project via email at:
|To begin the webcast, click here!